Thursday 2 January 2014

#365 Grateful

A good friend of mine, shared a fantastic link with me yesterday as she knew two important passions for me....taking photos whether on my iPhone or Nikon AND practicing the art of gratitude.  The #365 Grateful Project was created by Hailey Bartholomew to help combat her depression and it's a project I am happily going to take on for 2014.  

I feel like I've always been a grateful person, but it's when I was in the network marketing industry that I was taught the skills of really practicing the art of being grateful.  I keep a gratitude journal, however don't write in it as frequently as I probably should.  I am hoping that if I practice this project with intention, one year from now I can look back at 365 days of amazing experiences and memories.  There are some schools of thought that say you should write in your gratitude journal every day, while others say once a week as some tend to find this as a chore but I guess in the end it doesn't matter as long as we take some time to breathe in and count our blessings. This is the exact reason why I'm excited to take on this project - it will force me to take a few minutes every day (even if I'm feeling sad or grumpy - let's face it we all get that way sometimes) to find something, anything no matter how big or small to be grateful for.     

I can definitely understand that when things are falling apart - your relationship is strained, your lose your job, or perhaps you've come down with an illness it's difficult to feel grateful, but that's exactly the right time to start practicing gratitude.  It's these feelings of positivity that will add up that can help you begin to feel better emotionally, physically and spiritually and thus bring about healing.

To follow my project, feel free to check it out on my Facebook page under the Photo Albums.  

xo,
Kimmy

  

No comments:

Post a Comment