Monday 31 March 2014

30-Day Challenge

Yesterday I met with 7 other fascinating and interesting women as we decided to start a 30-day challenge journey together.  You're all probably thinking that it is weight or health related but in reality it's a challenge about whatever theme you decide to make of it for the month.  To get the ball rolling my friend who came up with the idea, shared a list of 25+ ideas, here are a few:
  • being a traveller in one's own city
  • blog writing
  • taking up improv acting
  • learning how to paddle board
  • practising the art of positivity
  • learning how to sew
The whole idea behind the 30-day challenge is to find a theme and to give it a try for the month.  We all have a list of bucket list to-dos but lots of times unless we are living a full life of intention we don't necessarily cross them off and before you know it 10 years have passed and you've accomplished a little or none of it.  The other potential positive outcome, is perhaps you give it a try and you decide it's not for you then you are free to clear your mind for something else.  

I loved the idea so I decided to meet up with the group and see if I can draw some inspiration from it.  Lately, I have been struggling to figure out what I am most passionate about.  Even after the end of the session and nearly 24 hours later, I still can't figure out what I should focus on for the month.  The idea behind the challenge doesn't necessarily have to be goal oriented but I think that's the type-A personality in me - I keep thinking that it should relate somehow to some sort of self-improvement.  Others though have decided perhaps to explore new museums or new restaurants.  I on the other hand am undecided and perhaps that's a reflection of where I've been the last few weeks.  

I haven't had the inspiration to post my bright cheery quotes on "the blissful life" Facebook page, nor have I written a post on the blog in a number of weeks.  I'm hoping that a de-cluttering and getting back to regular exercise may help in this regards so I'm thinking perhaps of choosing that as my challenge.  So today on the first day of the challenge I did both - this morning started at the gym with a quick but awesome workout to get the blood flowing and the mind clear and in the evening I realized my precious book shelves were a disaster so I re-organized.  I now have a bag full of books that I'm going to sell to a used book store plus I have a much nicer looking book shelf to look at and not feel stressed about.

What do you do when you feel like your in a slump and need a bit of incentive to turn things around and find some passion and inspiration?

1 comment: